Empowering clinics to collect and share data.
The industry is in desperate need of a national, high-quality cancer database with enough scientific detail to advance new therapies. Taproot Health is making it a reality.
Our network is built by oncologists, for oncologists and their patients. Community and academic centers are motivated to work together. Physician time is protected by using simplified data-collection methods that seamlessly integrate with clinical workflows. Scientists have access to de-identified data for research, clinical studies and trials. Clinics share in revenue when the data they collect is licensed to others to advance personalized medicine.
“We want to be part of a national effort to advance cancer research, and a transparent, shared revenue model allows us to do the research that is crucial to advance oncology. Taproot’s model is uniquely positioned to fulfill this need.”
Databases are only as good as the underlying data.
We collect regulatory-grade, real world patient data from community clinics, academic centers and cancer patients across the nation—complete with detailed molecular, treatment, and outcome data, providing a complete picture of care.
The National Oncology Trial (and database) also known as the ROOT Trial, is populated through a novel and proprietary data collection method known as the Master Observational Trial or MOT. The data from ROOT will be available in a transparent, patient and clinic-centric marketplace to benefit all stakeholders in cancer care.
- Multi-stakeholder prospective clinical data protocol
- AHRQ/Medicare compliant patient registry design
- Standardized, consensus-driven data elements and data dictionary
- Patient e-consent, e-enrollment and self-tracking of treatment
- Clinic training and certification
- Detailed file types
- Blockchain-like public ledger for transparency
- HIPAA-compliant security
- Healthcare information technology standards panel (HITSP)
- Data analytics and reporting
“Current methods of real world data collection do not provide the level of detail or the infrastructure needed to translate precision testing into personalized treatment.”
Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) marketplace with revenue-sharing.
Vital oncology data that could save lives either doesn’t exist, or it’s buried in medical records, scattered in silos, or sold in private transactions that benefit the select few. With the Taproot marketplace, data can be fully shared—for maximum benefit.
- Full data transparency. Our unique, blockchain-like technology framework lets researchers see exactly how data is being used—by whom and for what purpose.
- Scientific overlay. Our technology framework includes a scientific overlay, which helps users drill down into specific scientific, biologic and molecular details.
- Standardized, easy-to-use interface. Promotes a smooth and efficient workflow for faster data mining.
- Unique licensing approach. Data is licensed by companies, manufacturers, labs, researchers and other organizations who need longitudinal data for studies.
- Income potential. Participating institutions share in the proceeds from revenue, based on the quality and quantity of data reported.
- Data contributors are treated like partners. Participating institutions will receive access to de-identified data, but non-participating research institutions and commercial groups will license data and have access according to the license that is purchased.
“Precision oncology is stunted when critical patient data is not broadly shared. The ROOT [Master Observational Trial] will serve as the foundational effort to collect and share the standardized and quality data needed to rapidly advance precision oncology.”